Sunday, June 7, 2009

The day has arrived - 7 June 2009 (CFA Level 1 Exam)

Today is the day I go for the exam. This post was scheduled ahead and will appear automatically on 7 June 2009 at 9am. When this post appears, I will be at Expo staring to my first question.

It has been a long battle with this exam. I did not expect it to be so difficult. I know of many candiates who had failed. Among those who passed are those who are already chartered holders. I started studying since end of last year. However, it was beginning of March that I stopped work to concentrate in studying. Once in a while I still go back to work to help my client transact and provide continuing servicing to existing clients. Fortunately the opportunity cost of not working is not much since we are having a recession.

I have lost track on how much time I spent studying. So far, it seems that I have master all topics. I also seem to be quite strong on FSA since I spent a lot of time on it after hearing nightmares from other candidates how difficult this topic is.

Passing shouldn't be a problem but you never know because "freak" accident can always happen.

No comments: