Friday, January 2, 2009

Moved on to FSA

I have already started reading the financial reporting and analysis. Preliminarily, the text are quite easy. The explanations in the text are good enough. Previously I attended a free sample lecture on FSA from Stalla. After reading the text, it seems that the lectures were not relevant at all. It was taught too fast and the lecture spent too much time on debit and credit. In the text, debit and credit are considered optional reading! In fact, the text managed to explain the concepts of double entry accounting without even teaching the T-accounts. After reading Reading 30, I could do basic double entry accounting without figuring out the debits and the credits. I could also answer most of the questions at the end of the Reading. I think I made the right decision that it is not necessary to spent many on those prep-course. Phew!

No comments: