Saturday, November 15, 2008

Updates

I have completed reading Ethics and Economics. The Economics was a rather long read. I do not have much background in Economics except those six months of basic Economics when I was in the University. I did not know Economics can be so interesting. However, it was very dry and I fail asleep frequently. The CFA Program on Economics is mostly based on the text "Economics" written by Pakin 8th Edition. The author has a website with the lecturer's power point slides. I used the powerpoint slides as a guide when I studied the text. It really helps a lot.

I have started to read the quatitative analysis. The time value for money and statistics are really boring. I studied them before and so I was bored. Still they are very important.

I went for the Stella preview talk organized by CFA Singapore and they tried to sell us to sign up for their weekly lectures and materials. I am unsure how useful it will be. After thinking about it for a long time, I decided that I will self-study first and if there is going to be a big problem, I'll sign up for the course later. Anyway the lectures can be bought as CDs and so I need not attend the actual lectures anyway. However, I might buy all the Mock exams and questions from Stella later on. I might also buy this similar set from Schweser too as I foresee I'll need lots of practice.

No comments: